Sunday, July 4, 2010

Last weekend.

One of my new addictions is trout fishing on the fly. Fly fishing in its self is one of my personal frustrations. Mostly on my own part because I just do not use the whipping stick enough. Another reason is the fact to get to any good trout fishing waters is a good three hour drive from the beach. Last weekend Cory and myself had the opportunity to attend the South Holston Fly fishing Festival. Ruthless Fishing along with Mountain Sports Ltd were there to share the experience of kayak fishing. Of course we took this as a chance to get some fishing in for ourselves. I don't know what it is about the river that just puts you at ease, but I think that is what draws me back... The River. Again the "river" reared its ugly head and denied me of any trout on the fly. I was able to catch some on spinning tackle with some suspending twitch lures. Ironically enough all of my fish were caught on my Daiwa Coastal saltwater set up. Go figure. Guess the fish gods are telling me something.Saltwater is more in my blood than I thought. Not to be denied, Cory was able to pull a couple of nice fish out of the 40 degree river on the fly. Proving that my personal frustration is still on going....

No comments:

Post a Comment